When I decided to relaunch my branch, I wanted to align myself with brands that are fresh and up and coming. I didn’t realise that I didn’t have to look that far when I discovered The Healthy Plate. A brand new home based business focusing on fresh ingredients and eating healthier. This new startup encourages fellow home cooks to prepare their meals and desserts with the help of her delicious recipes. I have been fortunate enough to sample most of these extremely satisfying treats and they are worth every bite. They were generous enough to share this delightful recipe with us to give it a try. We would love to hear your thoughts and see how your recipes turn out and share your pics on our platforms. Happy baking!
Low carb and sugar free banana bread
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
3 ripe bananas smashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 176 degrees
- Grease a large bread pan with butter or baking paper
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add in the honey, yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Whisk together until combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into a large bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until the center is firm.
- Allow to cool. Remove from pan.
- Enjoy with lots of pastured butter!
***NOTE: Use baking soda not baking powder.
For more cooking and baking inspiration and yummy recipes you are welcome to check out @thehealthyplateza on Instagram!