It’s not every day you come across two international sportsmen who are making a name for themselves in South Africa – but, that’s exactly what Dominic Day and George Kruis are doing. They’re changing the recovery game like never before.
Introducing fourfivecbd – the collective brainchild of two professional rugby players whose own personal rugby careers brought forth a need for an alternative natural supplement product which would ultimately help professional athletes and active people alike. And YES, this is for the ladies too, not just for sportsmen.
Dominic Day and George Kruis both suffered multiple injuries which led them to go under the surgeon’s knife 12 times, collectively, which meant they needed a more natural alternative to aid with their recovery. They turned to cbd as their answer, but due to the lack of availability they decided to take measures into their own hands and develop a range of products that would fall well within the correct guidelines and regulations.
With the UK being their home base, it was a no-brainer to build up a reputable name for themselves within the market there first, but they’ve since launched the brand in South African which they felt was the perfect market to add to the fourfivecbd family. “Health conscious, active and interested in trying new things” – all the attributes that they describe as their perfect consumer.
“We definitely saw the potential in the South African cbd market and with South Africa being a sport-loving nation we were confident our products would do well in this market. Secondly, we have a few South Africans working with us on the UK side and a few South Africans that work at Saracens, so collectively we decided to launch fourfivecbd SA,” says fourfivecbd.
But do we really know enough about cbd to really make an educated purchase? What is cbd? What does it do? Does it work?
We caught up with Dominic and George and put them on the spot, asking them 10 important questions.
1. All products contain less than 0% THC – explain what this means? During the extraction process, we extract the compound THC out so that none of our products contain THC.
2. For those that don’t know – what is CBD? CBD or cannabidiol is a natural compound found in hemp. We extract it using CO2 then mix it with coconut oil to create our CBD oil.
3. Are your products legal for sportsmen? Yes – WADA took CBD off their prohibited list at the beginning of 2018.
4. Is there a limit to how much CBD one can consume? The maximum dosage in SA is 20mg per day.
5. How do I know which product is best for me? If you are after a faster impact with quicker-absorption we recommend you try our CBD oils. For a slower-releasing and longer-lasting effect we would suggest our capsules. For anything external and skin related, our balms are what you’re looking for.
6. Are your products just for sportsmen? Absolutely not, our products are designed to help anyone who wants to maintain an active lifestyle. Whether that be someone that enjoys going for a walk or someone who enjoys playing a round of golf but struggling with a bad shoulder.
7. How long after taking the products will the effects begin to start? It does depend on the way you take the products. Capsules typically have a slower release, while oral sprays are absorbed quicker. Both our capsules and our sprays are blended with coconut oil, which is added to aid the speed of absorption.
8. Roughly how long will the effects last if the products are taken correctly and consistently? Typically around 3 to 5 hours, depending on the strength of the product. Around this time, the effects will start to fade as the dose falls below levels that produce noticeable benefits.
9. Are your products environmentally friendly? All our products and packaging are fully recyclable, natural and vegetarian friendly. Our plants are also grown without the use of any pesticides, herbicides, artificial fertilisers or harmful chemicals.
10. Can CBD products get you high? No. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound, meaning it cannot get you high. THC is the psychoactive compound that is most commonly known to get you high.
The fourfivecbd range, which consists of oils, muscle rubs, and capsules, are specifically designed with active people in mind, not just sportsmen. These products are all easy to use, easy to dose, and easy to take with you even on your busiest days.
South Africa being a sports-driven country will no doubt enjoy a product like this! And just as their slogan suggests, Rest – Recover – Rise!
For more information, visit their website or social media pages on: